How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Saturday 16 October 2010

Saturday 4th September 2010


Weighing in at 6lb 11oz



First night in my first bed

 
This is my birthday! I was born at 5.52pm at Leighton Hospital. The first music I heard coming into the world was Pink Floyd, Mummy has excellent music taste. I was weighed at 6lb 11oz and we went back up to the ward to be with all the other mummies and their babies. Daddy left Mummy and I alone for the first time that night and went home to Marlee & Lilly my furry sisters.
Then it was just me and Mummy. She looked wide eyed and scared, her fingers trembling when she touched me. She seemed to whisper to me as it got darker and darker, I just wanted to sleep, but I was cold.
The ladies in the dark blue dresses kept coming in and moving me out of my crib unto her chest under a blanket and pushing my face close to her warm breasts and I felt warm then but wasn’t sure what to do, I know I was hungry but didn’t understand.
Mummy cried a lot. I don’t think she was sad because of me, she kept apologising to me for being rubbish but I know she was trying her best, I was me I just didn’t get it and I was starting to get more hungry and more cold. She kept passing me little droplets off her finger saying it was very special gold top milk and I licked a little bit but couldn’t quite coordinate it.
By 5am I think she’d got fed up of me, the midwife Margerita was back and tried to give me milk from a plastic teat which I really didn’t want but everyone was starting to look worried now and Mummy was looking weak and wobbly. She needed sleep so the Midwife took me away for a cuddle and to carry on trying to feed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment