How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Saturday 16 October 2010

Monday 4th October


Ah so this is what it feels like to be outside!

Mummy Daddy and Grandma and Nana went to see Mr Burns, my peadiatrican to ask lots of questions. I had an appointment at the Children's centre at the Hospital today where I was weighed. I haven't put on much weight I am 55 cms long, so maybe i'm growing longer instead of fatter? I am now going to have a special formula milk as well as mummy's milk to help fatten me up.
Dr Burns said that he has never seen a baby with my condition before and he'd even had to look things up in a big medical book to understand how he can help me. He said that another Doctor who he used to work for had had a daughter with a similar genetic problem and this man because the condition was SO rare decided to set up a charity to help to learn more about it. It's called Climb and is based in Crewe. Fancy that?
I got to go for a car ride to the hospital and although it was a bit chilly Mummy had put me in a special suit. The sun came out and I screwed up my eyes because it was so bright. I haven't really seen sunshine before or felt it on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment