How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Friday 10 December 2010

Wednesday 8th December - Christmas Hats

So much for going home, when Mummy left I let her know what I thought by having two fits during the night, one so serious Daddy was preparing to ring her to come to say goodbye. she came as soon as she knew to tell me off.
Having fits can be very tiring, so I spent much of today sleeping while Daddy and Mummy sat dumbstruck and hugging each other.
Mummy cried everytome she held me for my feeds, not that I woke or ate properly, so most of the time having tube feeds. I'm not having the pump now as lying there full of milk sloshing in my belly makes me sick.
After seeing the Doctors this morning I am going to have another seizure medication called Nitrazipan, sounds like marzipan and smells like too.

Daddy had gone he to meet the plumber making the house warm incase I get to go home. Rachel turned up in the doorway and squeezed Mummy until she started to leak. I had cuddles too until grandma came who sad seen Great Aunty Phylis who has been click clackinh her knitting needles again and made me some funny Chistmas hats! I has my first present today because Mummy said I deserve them with all I'm going through, it was a wiggly worm from our Neighbours the Mills family.
Mummy is feeling a bit flat about Chistmas and is sad that she doesn't think I'll be home as everyone really thinks my next step will be a hospice unless we could get a special nurse which is very expensive.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Laura - just wanted to offer - the seizure meds Lydia was on were phenobarbitol and keppra. The combo worked really well for her for a while, especially once the keppra was added. She was also on ativan for long stretches of seizures. Please don't hesitate to shoot me an e-mail if there's anything I can tell you that might be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaargh Ellie you are a little monkey. I hope you are a good girl tonight and feeling better soon. If I win the lottery tommorow I will send a special nursing team over! Love to you all. Lyn & Tony xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Jen read Lyn's message first - Thank you too. x

    ReplyDelete