How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Friday 3 December 2010

Friday 3rd December - Cot shaped taxi

I had breakfast with Helen my nurse at 6 and when Mummy got kicked out of her room early she sat by my cot staring at me for ages when she thought I was asleep.( Daddy was asleep, but he's not as cute to stare at) I decided to spoil her dreamy morning by throwing up in my cot. I felt much better afterwards though. Daddy is trialling my Respisense today in the safe environment of the hospital - I think its pretty neat and it flashes lots of colours, Mummy says I have a disco in my pants!
Dr Burns tried to catch Mummy out by coming in early to see me at 8am - he said that I could have the canula taken out of my hand and not be all bandaged up.

Because my feeding by tube wasn't much different than by bottle, in that my oxygen levels drop, he said  that a pump feed overnight may be a good idea and he is letting me have my bottle during the day (because I like it). Everyone thinks this is a great idea, Vicky the dietician has worked it all out and Tanya, today's nurse has sorted out all the equipment so we can trial it over the weekend - which clever readers, means I'm not going home.
If this proves to be successful they will arrange for me to have a pump at home - this way I wont have to wake in the middle of the night to eat - now that's lazy!

As I had an appointment with Audiology today they let me come from the ward in my cot - like a posh taxi! I met lovely Dr Warren who is German and has a lovely smile and kind eyes. She said that I was very pretty. Mummy likes her a lot, she especially likes it when I get compliments. I got to wear headphones again and they tested my right ear...which at first seemed to be severely deaf, they are really pleased to see some improvement from my last test and it could be moderate loss. I might actually get to hear Marlee and Lilly barking, or Jo next door playing the piano or best of all Mummy and Daddy talking. They have put some goo in my ear to make an mould for my hearing aid and it is being ordered. I get it in 2 weeks.....I have to be so good so that I don't miss out and not get to wear it.
When we got back to the ward my speech therapist Gill had come to see me - I think she thinks Mummy and Daddy are bonkers, they were having a manic day and in a good mood so were making lots of jokes and chatting a lot. I know that things are hard for them so its good that they try and be normal sometimes. (And they are a little bit crazy most of the time)
Gill has decided that Mummy needs to pace me while I'm feeding, she says my suck is really strong and the problem is I'm taking too much milk and forgetting to breathe. She has added thickener to my milk to stop me guzzling and I have to suck four times then have a rest - this worked really well, Mummy and Daddy are so pleased and now I get to have as much milk in my bottle as I can handle.

Grandma came in to bring Daddy supplies so we got to have a cuddle then Mummy went home with my Grandma for a little break away from the hospital while Daddy spent the night with me (probably to flirt with the nurses) I'll miss her because she likes to kiss my head and stoke my face a lot, but Daddy makes me giggle a little too when he's not playing with his iphone heehee.
What a long week,  I hope that Mummy she remembers to thank everyone at the hospital for me for all they have done this week when she writes my blog....and if anyone wants to visit us while we are still in hospital that would be nice...2pm until 8pm  all week. xx(Editor's comment - Thanks You everyone!!!! xx)

4 comments:

  1. Keep strong all of you.
    She is a beautiful girl, with amazing parents!
    If you ever need anything, im always here.
    (Oh but please Dan.....an I Phone???????)
    This is you darling cousin Glyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning beautiful Ellie.

    I would love to come and see you and will speak with your mum to arrange something....can't wait to meet you xxx

    Stay strong x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Princess, Aunty Rachel and Uncle Ben will be in to see you this week. Tell mummy i will get intouch on uncle bens phone. Love you beautiful, you stay strong for mummy daddy and us all. BIG loves to all. kisses xrxbxhx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to come and see you but my mummy says that the car is stuck due to the snow and therefore we will not be able to come :-(
    She really wants to come too.
    I know how hard it is being in hospital as I was there for a while but you are doing really well! Do as you are told and all the grown ups are happy with you ;-)
    Cant wait to see you and your mummy and daddy soon.
    Lots of love your special friend Olivia xxxx
    PS tell your mummy to look on FB as I made a snowlady today with my mummy and we have named it after you xxxx
    PPS My mummy sends her love too but why she can not write her own comment I do not know!

    ReplyDelete