How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Saturday 18 December 2010

Saturday 18th December

Mummy was only just saying how she felt that maybe we should go home when boom I'm back on the greenhouse box again. 8am just as the nightime nurses try to leave and the daytime nurses have hardly had time to remove their coats, I decide to stop breathing again. As Vicky was the first on the scene she won first prize and got to look after me all day.
I had to have an saline nebuliser to help clear lots of nasties from my throat as I have has a horrid cough. I am only little so although I can cough, I don't know how to spit out the yucky stuff I just swallow it and it makes me feel horrid. Vicky eventually took my prongs off as Mummy was getting frustrated that they didn't seem to be doing anything other than making two dents under my nose outside of my nostrils thats why I ended up back in the box.
The box is made clear perspex and not unlike The Cube, and Philip Schofield says that everythings is harder in The Cube but for me breathing is much easier.
It's echoey in the cube, I mean the box, so when Paul and Claire came their voices sounded funny. I opened my eyes for a while to look at them and flutter my eyelashes, they made nice noises at me and smiled a lot but also had sad looking eyes. They brought Christmas presents with them.
Apparently it's snowing outside but I still haven't seen the snow or a Christmas tree.
More visitors, Shirley came from Norfolk and brought some clothes and some magazines, she knows how boring hospitals can get!








Sarah and her husband Joe came, Joe has never met me before and he said I was beautiful , he can come again.
Mummy has press-ganged Daddy into doing a triathlon next year to raise money for the hospital (and lose his tummy!!) in my name. Do you think any of you would sponsor him??
Mummy wants to set up a fundraising charity in my name, called Ellie 's Angel, after a beautiful print made by a lovely friend of Mummy's (Editor butting in here:Which is beautiful and made me cry Irene thank you) that instead of presents we would get donations, we could try and do fundraising things to put together to help Ward 17. Mummy doesn't know how to set up a charity but wants me to have legacy of some sort - if anyone can help please let her know.
Oh by the way while I remember Mummy had some parcels in the post one, one was some nice whistler merchandise, a groovy beaver bib and moose decoration, thanks M and B. But also a mysterious package from photobox.com came with a gift but we don't know who it's from to thank, this isn't the first time either as someone sent some chocolates too so we can't thank either of you properly!!!! Come on own up xxx

(Thank you Nick and Anna for those choccies and The Williams family for the photobox ppresent - yes I will get addicted)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Ellie, I hope you're feeling a bit better soon. Tell Daddy of course we'll sponsor him but are we sponsoring the triathlon events or the tummy reduction? (Personally I haven't noticed a tummy but if Mummy says so it must be true) Lots of love Aunty Sally and Uncle Roy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ellie, I am family of Poppy Munro (soon to be godmother) I call myself her fairy godmother, I have been silently following your blog with happiness and tears, I would like to say what a brave little girl you are, and I'm sure will leave a legacy behind you when unfortunatley you will leave this world and have peace and happiness in the next:) I would like to say what amazing parents you have I admire them so much, whilst I have 2 healthy boys i cannot understand what they are going through, but am so glad they are sharing their experiences with others. Ellie your parents probably don't realise how much they are helping other parents with simalar experiences, they themselves have looked to the internet for help and support, YOU and your Mummy & Daddy will be an insperation to all. Whilst I hope and pray you will be ok, I know with everyone else you are getting tired I know you will NEVER be forgotton. I am a stranger to your parents but I would like to show my support for your Daddies big event (Tummy or not) please post the details. Thank you Love to you all Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie, we'll definitely sponsor your daddy too, and the chocolates were from us (a wee while ago now?), they were meant to come with a gift message but the place obviously left it out. Thinking of you all. Anna & Nick xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie my little friend. I would love to sponsor you daddy, just let my mummy and daddy have the details! I love you lots your very special to me and my mummy and daddy. Sloppy kisses. Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fantastic idea Ellie, we'll sponsor your Daddy - ask Mummy to put details on here when she has them and I'll also circulate at your Grandma's old work place and get some support for him.

    You take care of yourself and your lovely Mummy and Daddy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Ellie but I am happy to donate without your poor Daddy doing the triathlon!!!
    Lots of love
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  7. we will sponsor your daddy also when you mum has a bit more of idea on how to much the chairty together abigail and sam would love to do something to raise money they have been saying about doing somethign to raise money and i can think of nothing better than to help your mummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miss Ellie, today is the first day I have read your blog. Your Daddy very kindly let me have the link, and I do feel so very honnored to be able to get to know you. You don't know me but I went to school with your Daddy, which seems a very long time ago now, and between me and you, his hair looks better now than it did then. We were good friends though, so I am sure he would find that funny (note to editor - hope this is right). Please let your Daddy know that I would very happily sponsor him, and would also be happy to help out in any way possible, if I can.

    I look forward to reading your blog again tomorrow. I think you are an amazing little girl, with the most wonderful and inspirational parents I have ever known. You take care and look after yourself.

    Sending lots of hugs and happy thoughts,

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete