How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Monday 20 December 2010

Monday 20th December - New blue nose

Me and Mummy
Its -10 outside brrrrrrrrrrrr frrreeeezzzing – it’s about that inside too, as the hospital’s central heating has broken! I had to have two big blankees and a sleep suit to keep me warm. Mummy sheepishly appeared in the doorway today after finding out she had slept through the emergency alarm – yes me again, scaring everyone. She must have been so very tired.
She went home to get more clothes for us as it looks like we will now be staying indefinitely.
I overheard talking when I was pretending to be asleep, Mummy and Daddy said that they are too scared to take me home in case something happens and that the safest and most comfortable place for me is here with all the lovely nurses who help to look after me and keep me comfy, so that means we are here for Christmas, they have asked the nice assistants if we they can save them a Chistmas Lunch.

Gill called today, she said she’d had a bug and stayed away but had been thinking of us all week, she is very supportive to Mummy and Daddy. Daddy got a bit upset talking about the past few days. Maureen called in to give us some extra batteries for the hearing aid, but I haven’t been wearing it whilst my head is in the greenhouse box because it sounds like being in a washing machine.

Grandma came today, she was very sad because it is a year since she lost her Mummy;- Great Grandma Florence, Mummy told me all about what a wonderful strong lady she was and how I am just as brave and amazing as she was, that’s why my middle name is Florence.
Then Karin came to visit bearing a funny cake in the shape of a snowman and a lovely light present. She gave Mummy and Daddy lots of hugs and kisses because she knows how sad they are, hugs and kisses are better than anything in the whole wide world – although they quite like the look of the snowman cake too!
I had a parcel that had been delivered all the way from the North Pole just for me from Santa! Wow – it’s a groovy Winnie the Pooh light show, its just like one I had at home, Mummy said that I can donate it to the ward for other poorly babies to enjoy.



Dr Burns has been doing some investigating to see if there are any magic machines that will help my breathing but because the problem is with my rubbish brain there just isn’t, and there aren’t any magic brain fixing machines either, because I know if there was he would get one for me. Instead he’s suggested that they try putting a funny tube in my other nostril which drops into my floppy throat to keep the airway open, reducing the risk of me stopping breathing if I’m in a funny position. Sound all good doesn’t it – that’s how they sold it to Mummy anyway.
Lovely charge nurse Andrea came to do the wicked deed with Dr Hasha, who insists on calling me Elle, which is all very well and good but I am Ellie. ( I was saving Elle for my supermodel name in the future ;-)) I did not and do not like this tube. It hurt going in and it scratches the back of my throat and I cried lots and made bubbles in my mouth for ages but they still made me keep it in. It looks pants too. They even tried to convince me that it’s a bit rock and roll because there is a safety pin holding it in place – no. Mummy is on my side and wants to take it out but Daddy wants to give it some time too see if it makes things a bit better. Rubbish.
Emma is looking after me again tonight, she screwed her nose up at me when she saw my new nose attachment, but she probably will side with Daddy on this one.


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to tell you all how brave you all are and I think and pray every night for you ;) x

    ReplyDelete