How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Sunday 5th December - Floppy and Flopsy

Flopsy Bunny and Me
Mummy slept with me in the night on a bed suitable for one of the three bears.
Last night was the second time on my pump feed overnight and all went well until I woke at 6 and then threw up all over my cot. That is one way of telling everyone that I'm full eh? That'll teach 'em force feeding me in my sleep.
Mummy asked wether it would be ok to get me out of the greenhouse box and today's nurse, Julie said we can have nasal prongs...sounds painful but they are only a bit of plastic tubing and anyway I had them when I was only a day old so its no biggy. Although it means even more sticky tape on my face. :-(
Anyway, now rather than just lying in floaty oxygen I now have specific oxygen its meausred in 0.0 somethings, I was having 0.02 which is apparently only a sniff of oxygen. and just this little bit keeps me at 99% levels.


Dr Ellison saw me today and everyone thinks that my floppy muscles are a strong reason for my blue episodes, where my neck blocks my airways and my brain doesn't tell me to move.  My positioning when sitting or lying is therefore very important, especially while I am asleep, the key is keeping my airways free from any obstruction - simples!
Just incase my lower O2 levels are due to a virus they are going to check my nasal secretions make sure I'm not getting Bronchitis, as lots of other babies are here with it at the moment.
Mummy had made a cake on Friday and was giving it to the nurses today "to keep them sweet.

 Grandma fetched some lovely tea for Mmmy and Daddy, she has been fantastic looking after our doggies and our house. She had to leave before it got too dark and the weather was getting really cold.

Big cousin Tracy and Alan came, they had driven through freezing fog to visit me and brought a bag of goodies....firstly some things from Second Cousin George he's a whole year older than me and then some other good pressies. I had some lovely cuddles but Big Cousin Tracy said I was so heavy she had to hand me over to Alan!

After they'd gone Mummy ran me a warm bath which was really tricky with all my wires and tubes and then I had a relaxing massage...unfortunatley I was so relaxed I fell asleep at my bottle.

That's Gorgeous - I like that!

1 comment:

  1. i never thought i would see this ellie all that pink and mummy was with you

    ReplyDelete