How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Friday 24 December 2010

Thursday 23rd December - 2 more sleeps!

 
Mummy can email her Canadian friend at 5am, thats why I dont see it being an imposition for her to be up at that time. Fortunatley one of the very nice healthcare assistants, Lisa made her a cup of coffee which saw her through until Daddy got out of bed at seven. Not sure if he noticed the chocolate on her lips from opening the Christmas Roses tin.
Daddy went home for a bit because he wanted to crunch his feet in the snow, plus Mummy said he was starting to look a bit like Father Christmas with his beard so he had a bit of a hair cut.

Dr Burns came to see me today while I was relaxing in my C shaped cushion, I have had a bit lof a temperature since last night and my injections so I think thats why I was so unsettled this morning. Dr Dawson popped his head in but as I'd already seen Dr Burns he just gave me a bit of fashion advice as my sleepsuit spots were clashing with my cushion - very seventies.


I have been very alert today, and as I spend a lot of time facing the ceiling the pink ladies from the playroom, Helen and Shelly came and put some Christmassy danglies up for me to look at. Daddy liked them too and he helped me have a nice sponge bed bath which was lovely considering I am very warm, I did some posing for Mummy in my towel.
I was dressed in a pink stripy nuumber afterwards, which was part of a set from Daddy's boss Jane, I have been too small to wear it until now - not sure wether Dr D would approve or not?
Vicky helped me back into my nasal prongs this afternoon, so that I could have a rest from the box -  I don't know as soon as I get a nostril back someone sneaks something else into it. So far I am doing ok but for how long is anyone’s guess!
Because I spent a lot of time awake this afternoon Mummy and Daddy found a large plastic activity gym for me to play with - I wasn't so bothered about it because I was watching the Chronicles of Narnia with Daddy. I tried
 to eat from my bottle tonight for the first time in ages bjut I think I've forgotten what to do and it was all a bit mch so I got upset, which in turn upset Mummy, how frustrating because I really do love the taste of milk.

I have a little bit of time with my Disco ball today that Rachel brought, it was very relaxing and it helped me sleep. Its Christmas Eve tomorrow and Grandad and Nanny Tina called with Aunt Bella to bring some pressies, but Mummy didnt seem very excited. Mummy is feeling a bit down about Christmas as she isn't spending it at home with me, Daddy, Marlee and Lilly like she would have preffered.
She met another Mummy with a very poorly daughter who is being very brave, she says that she is really encouraged by people like that because they are faced with very difficult situations  but seem to still manage to spare a smile and kind words to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment