How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Tuesday 7th December - Letter from Father Christmas

When you wish upon a star....

No. days spent incarcerated in hospital - 7
No. hours of uninterrupted hours of sleep for Mummy - 2
No. nurses who attended to me because of my aponea monitor - 5
No. times aponea monitor bleeped unnecessarily - there are not enough fingers and toes!!


I didn't realise it was possible to have bags as dark as Mummy's - poor thing. She still puts me before her beauty sleep and never the less sat with me even when I was upset and agitated at 6am. When she cuddled me it was probably a bit mean to throw up on her- Oops. 

I had a very busy morning - by 9am I'd had two nurses running round after me, my speech therapist, dietician, homecare nurse and a physio all in my room.   
I am now a porky 4.75kg/10lb 6 today which is pretty good going based on the week I've had.
I also now have a special 'tumble form' chair to help me sit comfortably rather than slumping with my floppy neck or lying flat on my back, as that gets pretty dull sometimes. We have to put a blanket under my bum so it's pretty comfy. 

Mummy had been monitoring my O2 and asked the nurses if it could be turned off based on my target for early release, when they wern't looking she whipped those progs out of my nose...24hrs and counting. If all goes well Dr Burns says I can go home tomorrow.

3hrs off O2 and 97% saturation....












12pm - Daddy arrived! Yay! Just in time to give me lunch.                                                                    Grandma came and then the lovely bubble lamp lady, Jane came with a really tall man, I think he's my biggest blog fan, Tony. He spoke to me in a funny voice and I nearly smiled him. Jane brought me a very special Christmas star so we hung it off my pump stand for now and Mummy says she will get a Christmas tree very soon to hang it properly. 


I got a letter from Father Christmas today!! How exciting....I really want to get to spend a lovely Christmas at home with Mummy and Daddy.....I'm going to wish upon my special star. 


No comments:

Post a Comment