How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Friday 17 December 2010

Friday 17th December - Christmas Presents

The hospital is a very hustly bustly place to live, Mummy says sometimes she feels like Tom Hanks in a film where he lived in an airport and ate tomato sauce sachets and washed his face in the toilets. She is poorly today, she says she's suffering from 'hospital malaise' as Dr Burns calls it. Daddy says it's just a sore throat because she talks too much.
She looks different today, someone hid some of her hair but everyone says she looks pretty, that made her smile.
Mummy and Daddy met a lady called Liz yesterday, she is a bereavement counsellor, you might think why now, as I am still here, but she says that they still need her for support because they are grieving for all the things they have lost out on with me not being a normal baby, nevermind the fact that I am leaving them.
Maureen called today with a special bag to put all of my hearing aid gubbins in, I like all the stickers, Daddy likes the little gadget that he can put on the end of my hearing aid so he can hear how I hear. He says it's a bit like hearing a pilot talking to you while you are ona plane and you have headphones on trying to watch the inflight movie. I wouldn't know, it's hard to hear everything and work out who's face belongs to which voice. To confuse matters lots of voices called today. Ann the physio called to check in on me ans she had picked up my DHA powder from the chemist and she was helping Karen the pharmacist as it's hard to get hold of, but she did she's very clever. Lovely Nurse Emma, who I thought had been avoiding me because I'm so much trouble to look after was here to talk to me and stick thermometer straws under my arms.

Then Helen from Colwyn Bay with lots of lovely Christmas presents including a casting set for Mummy to make my feet, it looks pretty messy but also fun, I still have red paint on my toenails where we did painting the other day. while she was there I was allowed to have all the stickies off my face and tubes off for a break, my face is sponged and puffy and Mummy says I look like I've been in a boxing match while they were off I had my photo taken with some new clothes with them, that's very special for all of us.
More presents came from nanny Tina and uncle Dave and Aunt Bella, Grandad has a cold so I didn't see him. :-( the neatest thing is a horsey sit up chair. Every one is so generous. I feel very loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment