How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Thursday 3 February 2011

Thursday 3rd February - Dry Run

My little friend Poppy reminded me about Chinese New Year which started today, Mummy recieved a text message from Bubblelamp Jane with Chinese New Year Proverb, for us, I think she thought it very apt for today "May the still waters bring a moments of tranquility amongst your moments of anguish". 
Today was the day I was going to go swimming for the first time, now just so you are aware, it isn't usual to do this, it is special, because I am dying, the lovely people at the hospital are doing their very best to get me for a swim with my Mummy and Daddy that means the physiotherapy department, the doctors and the nurses all have to get involved. But it was not to be today. Even though forms were signed, things were checked and double checked and everyone eventually was happy. I can't help it if I'm not well though can I?

I had those nasty jabs yesterday which gave me a bit of a temperature today and high blood pressure and I still can't get rid of these watery bubbles which make me cough a lot and keep my heart rate up. Everyone waited until last minute, I even had my lunch early to help me settle but then after being awake all morning I was very tired and I yawned a bit, and then cried a bit then cried some more and then fell asleep. 
I have to be in as tip top condition as I can be before I goes for a jaunt to the pool (no matter how pretty my swimming cossie is) and I also need to be awake. I was not any of those things by the time I was due to go; so, I didn't :-(   (Maybe another time)

Mummy has found a funny little bear called Mowbry, she had a chat with him about how he would feel going on some adventures on my behalf. She and Daddy thought he'd make a nice mascot for the ward and get him to go travelling to raise money. We thought he could take details about my blog around the world and maybe encourage people to donate to my fund? Mowbry can now be found on Facebook and you can make friends with him, we are looking for people who would like to take them travelling with them to lots of different countries and have their photo taken then upload to his page, I will never get to travel or get to Australia to see Grandad Adrian and Nanny Marg, crikey I cant even get out of the hospital! Oh by the way - check out today's total we had a big donation from a very nice company _Thank you to you know who! ;-)

I had a very nice visitor today a lady called Clare from Nantwich who reads my blog. She contacted Mummy about bringing clothes for Ellie bay, the ward and the neonatal ward. Clare had three big bags full of pretty clothes from her lovely twin girls, Olivia and Nicole. She says that having two babies is tiring and she was very sympathetic to Mummy having a poorly baby like me. Mummy said it was nice to meet such a nice, kind person. 



We also had a visit from a special doctor today who discusses rubbish stuff like when my health deteriorates and how I may die. I know Mummy and Daddy are ok to discuss it because they know that it's coming - but it still isn't nice for them to hear. Everything gets written on paper to be official and gets put in a brown envelope, like most bad news and when they read it they gulped a little. 

It’s no wonder they get sad looking. Mummy says its easier to snap and shout at people when you are emotional and tired, but it just isn't a nice thing to do and it's normally those people are those who are closest to you. (Mummy and Daddy never shout at me) Mummy says that being sad for such a long time makes for feeling poorly sometimes and being friendly and nice can be very tiring when you feel that bad.
Mummy and Daddy are so tired, Mummy says she is going to see her doctor tomorrow, Grandma says they need more fresh air and vitamins that they are run down but they don't know how to make things better because they are so worried about me all the time.  

2 comments:

  1. Ellie I love the photo of you with Mummy and Grandma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie,

    What a beautiful photo of 3 generations of ladies in your family.

    I love your new friend too, he's very cute - just like you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete