How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Sunday 13 February 2011

Saturday 12th February - What is 'tired'?



Dictonary definition is :-
Tired, exhausted, fatigued, wearied, weary  
suggests a condition in which a large part of one's energy and vitality has been consumed.




Tired is a word that Mummy uses when she describes me. It is the redness around my eyes from the tears that fall when I can’t get to sleep. I’m tired from breathing so hard and trying to cough but failing; tired of having a sore throat from the suction tube, inserted to remove the secretions that make me choke and reduce my oxygen. My tummy is tired and sore from wretching and losing my milk over again.
I’m tired of; being shifted around like a little sack of sugar; tipped from side to side to get an aspirate from my tummy to check my gastric tube and the sighs and sorrowful looks and the shrugs.

What is exhausted?
Well, that’s Mummy and Daddy everyday. But that’s another story.


6 comments:

  1. Ellie, mummy and daddy, if i could bottle it you could have Mine, Big bens and Herbies energy. We love you guys so much and think and pray for you everyday. See you soon xrxbbxhx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, I agree with Rachel and I'm sure everyone else does who is following your blog. If we could bottle energy, it would be with you by the lorry load. Thinking of you, Mummy and Daddy every day. Stay strong. Lots of love Lucas' Nanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura and Dan. You are doing a brilliant job. We are thinking of you. Ellie - if only we could do something to make you better and comfortable. Thinking of you all. Trish & Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just loving you all. As much as I possibly can. Grandma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellie, Keep fighting my little Angel, you and your Mummy and Daddy really are an inspiration to us all. We are all thinking and praying for you. Lots of love Jane K and the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled upon your blog a few months back and now i'm hooked! I'm definately an Ellie Follower. I so admire your strength and courage as your travel this journey with your beautiful little girl. Ellie couldn't ask for a better mom and dad! I can't imagine the exhaustion that you must be feeling by now. Rest rest rest as much as you can!
    By the way, I'm following Ellie from the other side of the World.. Prince Edward Island, Canada.

    ReplyDelete