How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Tuesday 15th February

The Heffalumps are coming....

Mummy came to see me this morning after I’d spent a really quiet night and been a good girl with my special Aunty Jenny. She is a member of staff in the ward but has been my friend since I was four weeks old when she gave me my first ever bath. Jenny spent the night looking after me so that Mummy and Daddy could have a rest. She rubbed my tummy and changed my bum and she told me lots of stories about her grandson Ellie and her special angel husband and now we have secrets just between her and me.  Of course as soon as Mummy appeared I started to feel a bit funny and started to cough and splutter, I can’t have her think I don’t need her anymore. Overnight I had gone from having the funny watery Diaorlite, to milk and water and then just milk, and they thought the Milk may be to blame for making me cough. Mummy talked to slim Fast Plan Kath and they agreed to try me on a different milk, its called Pepti Junior, it’s a special milk where it has been broken down to make it easier to digest
Daddy was out running and so by the time he got back for breakfast I was back to normal, ready to be weighed and then for my physiotherapist appointment.

There is new stuff in my room, big lollypop sticks they come at me now with these sticks and the suction tube because I’m sneaky and keep sticking my tongue up into the roof of my mouth, I would be funny if I wasn’t choking at the time.
Daddy sat with me while Mummy went home to do washing and catch up with the lovely Purple Heart, necklace making wonder that is Amy. She came back with cheeky chocolate crumbs on her lips…what’s that about??

I have been keeping Daddy busy coughing again but been wide awake for a change and getting all hot and sticky in my box.  Julie has been in and out peeping through the window to check on us. When she’s not too busy rushing around, she makes Daddy cups of tea like some of the other nurses do to keep him hydrated and awake.
I had cuddles with my bunny this afternoon, she’s so soft and cuddly, it doesn’t make up for not having Mummy and Daddy cuddles though, maybe I will have some later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie
    Its great to see you again tonight. You have so much in common with my Harvey. He used to have Pepti junior because his liver could handle it better, he then moved on to nutrini energy when he got bigger. But what made me smile tonight is your bunny, Harvey had one which slept with him every night, I now snuggle into it every night in bed. Love to you all. Lyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, That's a lovely picture of you and your bunny! love to you all. Aunty Sally
    ps the sponsored diet for your fund is going well but don't tell anyone that I had scampi and chips tonight because I went for a pub meal with some friends. I had fewer chips than usual though. I didn't think you'd mind but don't tell mummy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete