How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Thursday 17 February 2011

Wednesday 16th February - Sleeping Beauty

I had another good night, with Jenny and Mummy and Daddy left to take deep breaths and sleep well. They look a bit brighter from doing so and then Mummy took over at the helm with Emma helping out too.
Mummy thought she’d be lonely today and carried on sewing while I slept. Bev Curly Bun popped in, and then Zara was passing and said it’s the first time she’s seen me with my eyes open and said hoe pretty they were. That’s nice.
I had my physiotherapists today and as well as being tapped they decided to stretch out my legs and it really hurt, I cried a bit but they gave me a rest and then tried again. Mummy said she would try and arrange for me to have a warm bath maybe and then she gave me some massage.
I rested and slept lots today, Mummy said I look like Sleeping Beauty in my glass box.
There are still issues with my feeding. The nurses last night thought that the volume I have might still be filling me up too quickly, which bloats my tummy and pushes on my lungs. This can then cause me to struggle to breathe and in turn makes my monitor bleep. And as you know – no ones likes that.
My bed has been lifted to a 45 degree angle; it’s like sleeping on a mountain slope! Ray Ray strapped my box so that it doesn’t start to slide down the cot and bash my head! I have to lie with a roll under my neck to keep my airway open, a roll under my legs to keep my hips straight and now one under my feet to try and stretch them out.
There is hardly room for me in my cot now with all the towels, blankets and teddy’s!
Mummy and Daddy kissed my toes before they left; it’s the only thing they could get at.

1 comment:

  1. Stick those toes into the mattress Ellie, or you'll be shooting off the other end! Love you. Grandma.xxx

    ReplyDelete