How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Saturday 5 February 2011

February 5th

It’s the weekend - apparently, it all looks the same to me, except that its grey outside and there is wet stuff hitting the window. This window has a place called outside behind it, and apparently outside is subject to all kinds of weather, unlike inside that is mostly tropical temperatures and the odd blast of wind from a fan.
Today was Red Bull day and Mummy and Daddy spent most of the morning waiting for me to wake up and get my wings. They forgot that I like to dream in the daytime, I guess it takes a while to kick in. I did wake to see Big Cousin Nicky and Simon. I woke in Mummy's arms after my lunch and they had brought me pretty bright coloured flowers with funny textures and Mummy made a vase out of an empty apple juice carton!



I had cuddles with Nicky wearing my hearing aid and had noisy things to listen to; I had some feathers and scarves and played with my sensory box. I like holding my lime green jelly best. 

I was a bit uncomfortable and started to cry quite a bit at five o’clock, big screams that Nicky and Simon had never seen before, but as I am getting bigger then so are my shouts, I can now tell people that I need a new nappy or that I have bad tummy pains, so I do. Vicky gave me my tea while Mummy and Daddy had some posh nosh in the kitchen but when they came back my whole tummy was the size of a large balloon. 
After a short while the nurses 'popped my balloon' and I was more comfortable but wide awake (Red Bull then?)

I am getting too big for the plastic bath so I got bathed in a bassinette tonight, it just so happened that there was one without a little baby sleeping in it, like I would have done when I was first born! But now I have the special big coloured cot that goes up and down and tilts me at funny angles so that sometimes I go to sleep at the top and then I wake up getting my feet tickled by my teddies at the bottom!
I hardly remember my cot at home now, I think it was pretty and white; it matched all the other furniture in my nursery. I really hope that one day I get a chance to sleep in it again and to see the pretty tree on the fireplace that Mummy and Daddy lovingly put together long before I arrived.  (We do too Baby Girl xx)




Eventually Daddy went home and left Mummy alone with me, but not for long as Tara came to say hello, she hasn't looked after me for ages and likes to see how big I’m getting I think and then Helen who is looking after me and Mummy tonight. I like to show off a bit in front of my nurses so needed a bit of suction and refused to go to sleep but as Mummy looks so tired then I might just, now at least for a little while.

PS
Editors Comment: Big Thanks and Well Done to Wendy today too- who completed the Thames Trot in just over 8 hours and came 4th!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment