How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Wednesday 2nd February -

Daddy was in charge today, he likes being left alone with me so that bossy Mummy doesn't interfere and tell him 'that this is wrong and that's not right and those pants don't go with that top and why did you put that there...' you know the type of thing, general Daddy nagging. To be fair my Daddy is probably one of the best Daddy's you could ever hope to have, he washes my face, he holds me safely in the bath,  he does my nappies, he tickles me and talks and sings all jibberish and  he holds my hand when I have my injections - like today, ooch. 

When Mummy finally showed her face late afternoon I might add, she was all different and her hair was all bouncy, she wasn't alone either she'd picked up a weary traveller, Harry had come to see me too. It was very nice to have cuddles and strokes from her and she always makes Mummy and Daddy relaxed. 
Mummy had been to a big girls toy shop and bought a mini sewing kit and stuff for making my special quilt. She probably should have bought 'how to make a quilt' book too but is convinced that the 'haphazard and not really a clue' method is better for her, along with asking Grandma of course. I like her confidence! We'll see. 

My Cousin Beth and a teeny heffalump


Daddy had an email from my clever Aunty Julia, I think she must have been knitting with her hands and her feet because she has made the smallest knitted elephant you have ever seen and she had to use four teeny knitting needles to do it. It took her two whole hours! Oh, and of course it's a purple Elly, for Ellie. She said that if anyone would like a special teeny purple heffalump she would knit more....how many teeny heffalumps could one lady make? Would any one like to by one? If so Aunt Julia to make more teeny heffalumps and turn them into keyrings? If so that would be more proceeds for my fund! 
Mummy was so tired today she was falling alseep in the cuddle chair and her eyelids were all droopy so she 'apologised to me and said, I cant type today baby girl'. and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! 
So she hasn't got a clue what i got up to with Daddy while she was asleep and I'm not telling you either as thats's our little secret!

3 comments:

  1. Ellie, your Aunt Julia is VERY clever, making miniature Elly's. They are Sooo cute! I thought it was a mouse!! Silly me. Your Mummy and Daddy were laughing at me today, because the hexagon template for your quilt was all 'squew-whiff'(that funny word means it was not right!), so for penance I sewed some of the material shapes for her, and promise I will do a better one next time. Hope Mummy and Daddy can get more sleep and some fresh air, if you behave long enough, little tinker. Hope you are feeling a little better now too. Love to you all, Grandma xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did Grandma not get the hexagon right - she didn't spell 'skew' right either! Sorry Ellie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a heffalump keyring please.
    Aunty Sally

    ReplyDelete