How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Monday 14 February 2011

Sunday 13th February


It all happened yesterday while I slept– Grandma’s Coffee Morning was amazing, a great family affair with Uncle Trevor, Aunt Thelma, Big Cousin Tracy, Alan,  Rachel, Phyllis, Jenny and Becky and many more all (see Fundraising Pages) beavering away to make it such a success, and raising £761 in the Process!!





                                                                                     And then this morning, Sian and Laura went for a run in the rain all around Llandudno for me, a whole 10k which included going up to the Great Orme, I hope they didn’t cheat and get on the tram, hee hee!

I had some post from lovely Wendy Shaw today, she’d posted me her medal from the Thames Trot, and it’s very fancy!  I’ll never get to run, so she has run all those miles for me!






                                                                                       I think I let Mummy sleep for about forty five minutes last night. She joked today about starting an insomnia club on Facebook for Mummy’s who are up all hours and would like to have some company! Not that Mummy would have time up down up down attending to my every cough and choke and splutter. My monitor goes up and down too. Last night Mummy had to watch my oxygen levels fall to 17% which really scared her, but she had to deal with it and that’s that.

By mid morning she had left to go and get some sleep and Daddy had to help get me back in my box, slowly over the day I have been struggling to breathe. The next question is, what happens next, what if I’m in my box and then 100% of oxygen isn’t enough anymore – I think that then is will be the beginning of the end. 
I think that’s how it feels at the moment.  
Mummy and Daddy have been caring for me so well but had to put their hands up and ask for more help, just while I am like this, needing so much extra care.






3 comments:

  1. Oh Ellie what a fantastic Grandma you have! She worked so hard to make a big success of the coffee morning - and more. What a brilliant result. If love could only make you well ....

    Just wanted you to know that today (Valentines Day) I am wearing my Ellie necklace, and so is my friend Regan sitting opposite me at work (who Grandma also knows) and we are sending lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done grandma, glad it went well x x big hugs ellie x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's at least THREE people wearing Ellie hearts today then! ME TOO, Ellie. Love you, my little Valentine girl, and Mummy & Daddy too. Grandma xxx

    ReplyDelete