How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Tuesday 8th February



Today was recuperation day, not just for me but for Mummy and Daddy as well. I think everyone had been extremely concerned as to whether I would get through the night but were pleased when I’d eventually got to sleep and my heart rate settled.
Mummy sat up with me still at least two in the morning cutting hexagons and breathing deeply, keeping a watchful eye on e and my monitor. I now have a drip that goes straight into my blood, feeding me sodium, potassium and glucose, like I had back when I was only a day old.
Then instead of milk in my tummy I’m having a funny mixed up powder called Dioralite which helps my dehydration, but I have no energy. So I slept and slept and slept.  Mummy was worried that I look a little puffy today, the doctors thought I could just be holding on to my fluids so just keep and eye on me.
I had several lots of blood taken where they put a needle in my foot and squeezed my heel until bright red droplets of blood fall into a tiny vile.  Mummy usually looks away at this bit. This had to be tested to make sure my potassium and sodium levels were ok.
I had regular visits from the physiotherapy department where they pat my back and play percussion on me. This helps loosen and move any yucky stuff off my chest.
Mummy and Daddy decided to minimise visitors for a while as things have been so stressful, plus it’s really nice just having them all to myself; especially as it gives Mummy more time to do things with me like head massages or letting me have some candyfloss! (Cotton Bud dipped in Sucrose)



2 comments:

  1. Stay strong Ellie, Mummy and Daddy. Thinking of you all. All our Love Clare, Olivia and Nicole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you all and thinking of you. Sally and Roy

    ReplyDelete