How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Monday 14 February 2011

Its Valentine's Day!

Pink Lady Rachel made some pretty hearts for my box, Mummy and Daddy bought me a heart balloon and Mowbray appeared with special pink heart just for me!
I have been awarded a Superstar Certificate today, about time I’d say! Mummy coloured it in and gave Hello Kitty a purple top of course. 
I slept right through last night for Daddy, and only woke while I had my breakfast at six o’clock.
My sheets had to be changed which is quite hard work. All my teddies have to be evicted and we need lots of pairs of hands to sort out the mess, one to lift the box;(Daddy) one to lift me; (Mummy, so I got a sneaky little cuddle) and one to do the sheets. (Helen Eyebrows) (Sorry Couldn't resist - everyone needs a special name) 

I was visited by medical students today, told you I was special, they all looked very nervous because Dr Burns was observing them and they had to look at how I breathe. It was very interesting and both Mummy and Daddy felt clever because they understood everything they were talking about. But then they understand a lot about me and they have learnt lots of hospital jargon now too,.
I haven't been good enough to leave my box, in fact throughout the day I have got a bit more poorly, being sick after my lunch while Mummy and Daddy were feeding me. My sheets had to be changed and Mummy nearly had to change her top as it was all over the place. 
After I'd been sick a big bit got stuck in my throat and made me choke, Mummy recused it with the suction but by then I was feeling really horrid. I managed to sleep it off for the rest of the day and I had my antibiotics for the 7th day running. I get a slightly longer course just to keep the infection at bay.
Mummy and Daddy had a good chat with Andrea Polkadot who runs the whole ward. The ward is very very busy but she said that she would try and get us some extra help while I was being so poorly. Hopefully I will be getting someone to sit in with me over night while Mummy and Daddy get a rest. 
They had a little break at tea time and went to the shop, when they came back they said they have been Ellie poster spotting and seen them all around the hospital. Helen Eyebrows fed me while they were gone and accidently spilled my milk so my sheets had to be changed again. And then Daddy and Mummy went to have some tea and when they got back I'd been sick again and more new sheets! Dearie Me. Now I have had to have Diorolite again, water, sugar salty stuff, to stop me being dehydrated. Yuck. Still, whatever they think is right to stop me getting worse.

1 comment: