How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Thursday 10 February 2011

Wednesday 9th February - Mostly sleeping

I slept well but deeply my heart rate has been very low when asleep so much so that my alarms have had to be changed lower. The doctors have said that this is probably an effect of the infection but that equally this could be just part of my decline that my heart is getting weaker. :-(
I guess everyone expects me to be quiet, but I still don’t look myself again. Mummy sat with me all morning and watching me while Daddy went for a rest. She says to me that my eyes look sad. She says to me “Hey beautiful girl, where are the stars from your eyes? Where did the sparkle go?”
I’m so tired; I close my eyes again and drift into sleep. I sleep on my back and wake up on my side, I sleep on my side and wake up on my front, I sit in my chair and then I sleep in front of ‘In the night garden’, when I wake its been turned off as Mummy says it's its silly.
Annie called in to see me because she brought the hospital magazine here there is a little write up about me. My room was like a little shop today too as Mummy sold some purple necklaces now she has some here for anyone who would like to buy them.

When Daddy came so did Grandma she said she was going to sit with me while Mummy and Daddy went out for tea together. They didn’t go far and when they came back I’d been a good girl for Grandma. So she might stay again and maybe they could go and watch a big moving picture some time.
My heart rate slowed again at night and eventually they got it, I was chilly and hungry…Mummy sussed it out and negotiated with Emma the removal of my canula and I got to try some diluted milk and then she wrapped me up all snug in my yellow grow-bag.
Mummy keeps making hexagons and is turning them into flowers; after she turns them into flowers she is going to turn them into a blanket. Everyone keeps admiring the flowers as they are so colourful and pretty, they are made from things I have worn and got too big for. Mummy likes her sharp scissors and her hexagons; hopefully I won’t wake with shapes missing from my grow-bag!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, I hope the sparkles come back to your eyes very soon!! With lots of love to you and Mummy and Daddy!
    Hannah xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all and wearing my Ellie necklace, Love you lots beautiful girl and big kisses for mummy and daddy xrxbxhx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Ellie, have a lovely snooze and hopefully wake up feeling a bit better sweetheart. Always thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete