How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Wednesday 5th January

When I woke this morning Mummy sat with me for ages, she blew raspberries on my tummy, she tickled my hands and feet, she gave me big kisses all over. My eyes were smiling for ages and I made small gurgled cries of happiness.
Annie came to check up on me and was pleased to see me all relaxed and happy; she was talking about our Fundraising and is so impressed with us, which gives us lots of encouragement.
Mummy was particularly impressed when she had a donation from a boy she loved a long, long time ago, before she fell in love with Daddy of course! He gave us a very generous donation. She cried a bit I think.
She giggled to Daddy, “If you had got the same donations for all the girls you’ve kissed before me we could probably stop fundraising!” She’s funny isn’t she? She’s probably right though, my Daddy always liked the girls but he says that now he has Mummy, Me, Marlee and Lilly, that’s all the girls he ever wants. Love You Daddy. xxx


I met an eye doctor today, what is it with eye doctors, they really stare at you? He said my eyes were moving too much for a proper look at my optic nerve so I will have a proper test next week. I think it’s clear that I don’t have the best eyesight in the world, (Well not to me ha, ha, things are perhaps a bit blurry on that front) because I like lights and I see black and white things and movement, I some times see Mummy and Daddy but I couldn’t be sure which was which, but they do smell different, Mummy smells of chocolate and Daddy smells of Pizza.
Jo visited today to bring some magazines she sneaked a piece of Daddy’s birthday cake and had a nice cup of tea, she says she’s been stealing our bin while we have been here! Cheeky! ;-)


Ouch. I had blood taken today, although if I’m honest, I was pretty zonky when my foot was being squeezed, so not too bad really. I was given a funny looking hot water bottle to make sure that Doctor Ellie could get at some blood as I’m known in the ward to be a bit of a keeper, I would never make a good donor. Not that I will be able to donor anything, Daddy talked about it because he believes being an organ or blood donator is very kind, but I wouldn’t be able to help people because my bits and pieces are broken, that’s why my fundraising is good. We achieved £2,000 today that’s 20% of our target in just 1 week!

I’ve had such a relaxing afternoon, chillin’ on my bed, getting strokes, had a bath, dressed up in cool surf wear. I’m a proper pampered girl.







It’s all a big act you know, pretending to be ok. I’m just not and as Mummy and Daddy started to talk about how they would feel about me being at home, and what they want to happen, I decided to remind them just how poorly I am, I mean what were they thinking – that they can cope with me like this?!

I’ll show them! I need three doctors and three nurses to come running into my room, to hold up my chin, to squeeze air into my lungs, to call out to me and ask me to respond, to read a book to get the right dose of anti-convulsant medicine, to hold my hands and feet putting in a needle for a canula. And I thought I’d had enough blood spilled today. L

No, I’m sorry, two parents, however brave they may appear to you my blog friends, is just isn’t quite enough, not to save me anyway.
What they can do, and did, when I was screaming and writhing and crying with real big ploppy tears and red cheeks, (like they’ve never seen before), was hold my hand and stroke my head and tell me they love me over and over again. I can’t even smile to tell them but I really love them too.

Resting after a a very bad do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ellie! Rest little one, then when you wake, give Mummy and Daddy smiley eyes again, and let them know how much you(and I) love them. Grandma. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ma wee darlin...sending soooo much love to you and your very brave and truly amazing mummy and daddy x Millie sends you HUGE BIG cuddles too! Now concentrate on being a good girl tomorrow we love to see those big smiley eyes in your pictures too xxxx

    Take care baby girl x

    Love and big cuddles

    Diane and Millie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you little one and hugs and kisses for mummy and daddy too. xrxbxhx

    ReplyDelete