How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Monday 10 January 2011

Monday 10th January - Talking!??

I’m going to press! The lady from the Chronicle came today she was called Belinda, she scribbled ferociously (Mummy taught me that word today whilst talking about my Lion) on a little pad, she drew funny squiggles and dots and dashes, her eyebrows rose and fell while Mummy and Daddy told them my story and how they want me to change the world…well maybe not quite but we have to start somewhere!
Look out for the Crewe Chronicle this Wednesday for pictures of me and Daddy. (Mummy likes to be behind the camera not in front)

Dr Hasha and Dr Helen are in charge tonight if I’m naughty, they popped their heads in and babysat me while Mummy had to take a phone call in the reception,  probably the best people to be watching over me when Mummy isn’t about is two doctors – how privileged am I? It was only for a few minutes and then they needed to see me anyway just to catch up

Lynette the Physio lady has been all around the hospital trying to find a suitable neck supporter thingy for me but they don’t make anything quite suitable so Grandma has had her sewing machine out again and made a prototype donut for me. Its fab, she now needs to find some groovy material to make a cover.

Mummy had to change my groovy blog design; she said that it was a bit TOO happy considering I am so poorly, so she says she’s going to have another look at the design as she doesn’t want it to detract from my story and our message.  Still, we have to let Daddy have his way every now and again don’t we. And it was very pretty – we’ve chosen something Mummy thinks is more ethereal she calls it, floaty and wistful.

The nice ladies from Treetops Hospice came today to discuss coming in to look after me for a few hours while Mummy and Daddy get a little break. They weren’t exactly chomping at the bit as they said they don’t really want to leave me, I think sometimes they worry that if they come back, I just won’t be here anymore. I can’t guarantee that I will either which makes it all so tricky.
Still they are going to come next week for an hour, it’s a start.


I have more pretty things for my walls…..the pink ladies Rachel and Helen have been busy today making me a time-table, it’s lovely in my favourite colour purple. Mummy and Daddy can pick and move things round to help me plan my day to get the most out of it. Mummy is a bit disapointed that we only have one cuddle time tab to stick down as she says she needs at least 10!!! Mummy thinks any self respecting ‘Monica Mum’ should have one, but not be too Gina Fordy about the times of course, we have to be here as hospitals are pretty strict. So today at about five I had tummy time and dribbled all over the bed.

Tummy Time


Chitter Chatting






I’ve been lying down making lots of noise tonight, Mummy and Daddy find it hard not to be scared that noises normally lead to trouble but I was trying to just chat about my day and that I enjoyed my bath and was really enjoying watching Humphrey go round.
All ready for bed now, it says so on my timetable….ha ha, not that I will sleep!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, can I just say how lovely your blog is (if it can be lovely - hope you know what I mean). It's so touching the way you're writing it. It has me in tears everytime I look at it. It must be so difficult for you all in such circumstances - you truly are inspiring. In fact, after I saw you about a week ago, you inspired me to put my own story down on a blog - maybe the story of my little man can help or comfort someone too. I've been thinking - I did some fundraising last year for the Ray of Hope and I asked Crewe Alex if they could donate something for us to raise some money, which they did. Would you like me to ask if I can get a signed football or something similar for your auction? I noticed you've said you've got some signed memrobilia coming, so don't want to tread on your toes but let me know if you'd like me to try and sort something out. Much love to you all, Nicola Marshall xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicola, we are really glad we can inspire people, Mummy says that she is thrilled to be able to support other people in this way as they are supporting us by reading and donating.
    She would like to contact you so please email on lou.prince@live.co.uk. xxx

    ReplyDelete