How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wedneday - Chronicle Day

Read all about it, Extra! Extra! Daddy and I made the front cover! He appeared at the door this morning with the copies of Chronicle and realised he might not be able to leave the hospital incase he gets stared at.  See the article at:


Mummy was relieved to see him as we’d been up since 5am as I’d managed to get everyone a bit on edge as my Oxygen levels were dropping and I was crying a bit, it makes everyone nervous and they all hover around the bed waiting for me to throw a wobbler. Thankfully Mummy finally spotted that it was my tummy that was causing the problem and after some help getting my ‘bowels open’ as they say here sometimes to be posh, I was fast asleep, something which is becoming a bit of a hobby.

Mummy went home to get me some clothes she says internet stardom means people might be watching what I’m wearing a bit like Brooklyn Beckham; I may have to make more effort than spending all day in vests. This is also the reason why Mummy isn’t appearing in front of the camera for those of you who wondered about her absence in the paper, plus as she says this blog is my blog and that’s that.
I had a visit with Caroline the hospital physio to do some arm and leg waving and also wiggle my pelvis and stretching my neck.
Dr Burns came in he said he’d seen u son the paper while he was getting petrol this morning and I think the other doctors have been reading up on me during their tea break. (Not that I think Doctors really get tea breaks as obviously they are too busy being clever).





I had a visit from two more of the pink ladies, this time Tanya and Shelley who are thinking of other things like music and sensory things for me to do, which would be lovely, when and if I’m awake, but I do spend a lot of time resting, this is most likely due to the sedative nature of the drugs I have to take.

There were a lot of ladies in my room at lunchtime, with my nurse Emma and then Daddy’s boss Jane and his colleague Sarah, they have donated items for the raffle and things to go to the ward. They sounded a lot like my Mummy’s boss  Paul,  Jane comes from a place called Shirley in Birmingham so that might be why! She has been sharing the blog with Daddy’s big bosses and they are hoping to give us some special news soon, watch this space!!! They are really supporting Daddy by letting him be with me, we are so lucky.



(I know a lady called Shirley, one of Mummy’s dearest friends, who should be back online now after moving house – Hi Shirley love and Kisses from us all, welcome back – look how busy we’ve been since you’ve been away!! PS Fancy doing a sponsored event???))

I had a bit of a shock when Mummy woke me for a bath, she said something were ok to miss, but not having a wash, yucky. I think she only did it as she’d sneakily done another mould on one of my hands and I was messy. Look at the three of us Mummy says we are the three wise monkeys with Daddy and his glasses, me and my hearing aid then Mummy when her mouth is shut. (Not often) 

One of the aqua Mummies called today, Claire brought Eliza with her who is a whole three months bigger than me, she talks a lot, all cat meows and giggles.
Daddy held her for a bit but she cried and that was even without his beard! Claire needs some encouragement to train for the triathlon as she really wants to do well, if people start to pledge money it will give her a good kick start. Eliza seemed quite interested in me, either that or my feathers, so posed for a photo for my blog but Claire is a bit self conscious like Mummy so the pictures we took are just for us. (Will send you them ClaireX)
I saw Harry today; she was very chatty, she came to eat tea with us and she was lucky to get some of Ben’s ‘awesome chilli’ (as Daddy called it). She likes getting me to drink milk, this time in a syringe, I really miss milk, I keep smacking my lips together but I don’t get a bottle anymore, Mummy keeps wondering if it’s too late to give me a bottle again, so she might have to ask the clever speech therapist.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you all as ever :)
    But I forgot my bits and bobs :(
    Will pick them up next time, H xxx
    PS where's my picture with Ellie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous article Ellie, me and mummy were so excited to read it and logged on this afternoon! Your photo is lovely. Sloppy kisses Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete