How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Thursday 20 January 2011

Thursday 20th January

Last night I was dressed in a nice spotty sleep suit that I’ve not worn for a while, but when Mummy tried to slip it on she realised I’m too long. I’ve outgrown all my sleep suits, blimey when did that happen? ‘No Problem’, said Mummy and grabbed a pair of scissors, ‘I’ll go shopping tomorrow’. Now I am fashioning trendy cut offs, that’s what she tells me anyway. Daddy says she’s finally gone mad but everyone was laughing about it so it doesn’t really matter.
I didn’t get to sleep until gone 12pm again from 7pm because I had a horrid cough again, this time though it was very persistent and although I slept a bit, there were a couple of times when Mummy had to insert the sucking tube in my mouth and collect bubbles.  I don’t know what she does with them all.
I had a temperature of 38 degrees at one point so they decided later to sneak a wee wee sample when I wasn’t looking, to check for hidden infections.
(Which was negative, but they like to check. Nice of them isn't it?)

Snoring my head of in my Laz-ee Boy!

I grizzled and dribbled well into the early hours and finally fell asleep in time for seeing Daddy.
He’d taken his new trainers out for a spin this morning, he said because he was still alive (barely) that he would definitely go out again tomorrow. It was very cold when Mummy popped out and slid to the car park, she had to defrost the car. Instead of going shopping she had another look in my wardrobe at home and came back with clothes she had for me. (Cue Ellie fashion parade over the next few days.)
When she came back I was having a good old doze after my physio session where Anne and Caroline had got me sat up in my tumble chair again. Everyone was amazed at how much better I fitted than last time, something to do with my newly formed girth I believe.  I guess all I’m missing now is by remote and a pint of John Smith’s and I’d look just like Daddy when he was at home.




http://www.familyfund.org.uk/default.asp
Shelly one of the pink ladies slipped her head in today just to tell us about a charity called Family Fund, who help families with disabled children in England and Wales get grants to help for work around the house to make it safe for children. She thought it would be god to help us because she heard Mummy say that the kitchen was in a state if we had to go home with me but Daddy has been able to sort that out now! Very thoughtful though.

Agent Annie came to visit today, she has changed her hair colour but I know it’s her as she hasn’t changed her smiley eyes. She tell us that something cool that has been organised for the charity is on its way….and after campaigning a few people today we reached £3500 35% to target, we passed over the line with East Cheshire Deaf Children’s society who amazingly have donated to my cause – and they are a charity themselves. How fab. Kisses to Maureen for championing me! (Ooh and Becky, thanks for the amount that got us back to even numbers!!)

Asleep but still dancing!

Grandma was here and Mummy was asking her how she felt about maybe staying over ne night to watch over me. In order to demonstrate what sort of things she might need to look out for I had a bit of a cough and splutter and dropped my oxygen levels to 53%. Mummy and Daddy were very efficient, applying suction and oxygen and keeping me stimulated so I didn’t go off Ellie Gazing.
Definitely time for a bum evacuation I’d say….so a new student Nurse called Rosie, got to see it happen. Mummy was very disappointed that she didn’t wait around to tidy up. ‘Poor Show,’ she sighed then winked at Daddy.
Emma fed and dressed me all ready for bed tonight while Daddy and Mummy had a bite to eat in the parent’s room.  Now it’s back to another boring evening for them just sitting here watching me sleep.  Every now and again I throw them some shapes with my hands, just to keep them on their toes, I think Daddy thinks he’s in for a long one, we’ll see. Night, night all.



Fundraising suggestion of the day….from Karin is:-
www.easyfundraising.org.uk, register and select your cause before you do any online shopping and the participating retailers should donate, stores like Tesco, Amazon, and M&S!



1 comment:

  1. Mummy's right - you look just like Daddy but without the beer in your hand!! She shouldn't be giving you ideas, should she, when all you get (when Daddy remembers, :-)) is fruit juice?
    How would next Wednesday night be for my sleep-over with you, Ellie? Ask Mummy if that's OK and we can always have a midnight feast together - but don't tell her that - shhhh!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete