How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Sunday 2 January 2011

Sunday 2nd January

I like spending time with Mummy, no matter what time it is. I like that when the nurses are supposed to feed me that Mummy does instead, I'm not sure if Mummy does, but she seems to wake up just before the nurses come in and either does my feed or chatters away to the nurses, she's a very light sleeper and an even worse chatterer. When she woke last night she was worried about me as my heart rate monitor was beeping under 100 bpm, I was pretty cold, I was 35.2degrees which isn't the best, my toes were quite chilly. She dressed me with my cool reindeer slippers and a little hat put on and an extra blankee, I had my feed and then we both went back to sleep.
I alerted her to a potential problem at four o'clock by coughing, I was baking hot now and really sweaty, I think she felt bad that she'd over cooked me, she doesn't like burning cakes so she wont want to ruin me too. My heartrate was now in the higher 170bmp, I'm such a seesaw....after being undressed a bit I still felt funny and after everyone thoght I was relaxing again, I passed out. There was a made kufuffle and five minutes later my face was all red and puffy looking...oh dear they had to save me again. Daddy had run all the way from his deep sleep and was looking very confused. I'm sorry Daddy.
The nice nurses gave Mummy and Daddy hot drinks in their new silver mugs, they put silly Peppa pig stickers on so they know who's is who's. Big kids they are!
Mummy sat with me then to make sure I didn't float off again and Daddy went back to the appartment to sleep, when he came back Mummy had warned me that a less hairy man would appear but it would still be my Daddy, I think he finally found a mirror. Then I found one too and got to lie loking at myself in it - how weird.
Mummy went to but some PJ's for the night-time rush from the apartment to the hospital, and bought me a pretty vest but I think I might have to grow a bit to fit it. She also bought something called a Creme Egg, I've never had one before and they are Mummy and Daddy's favourites, I got to try a bit of the goo. GOOOOOOO!!!
How do you eat Yours? - I lick it off Mummy's finger





I had my hearing aid in for ages listening to Mummy singing and Daddy was trying to, hahaha but then we had a busy afternoon so I was showing off my new outfit from Sharon. I'm saving my special party dress for Daddy's birthday on Tuesday.

Grandma, Great Uncle Roy, Great Aunt  Sally and Steph and Jane from the village all came. Mummy took my hearing aid out as it was a bit noisy as they all came at once - bad time management Mummy. But they were all very comlimentary and then when they went they were putting pennies in my collection tin for my fundraising! Its been quiet today after a fast start so Mummy is now thinking about other fundraising things.

1 comment:

  1. you are looking as beautiful as ever Ellie and your mummy should think about becoming a professional photographer! Looking at today's page I am pleased to see you have your mum's healthy appetite for good chocolate. Perhaps given your mum's job, she could get cadbury's to sponser your blog, to raise money for the charity?
    Marlee and Lillee are missing you, but did get to go for a swim today and are now drying off by the fire! Look after your mummy and daddy sweetheart! Love cousin Nicki and Simon x x

    ReplyDelete