How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Monday 17 January 2011

Sunday 16th January - Mummy AWOL

When I woke properly this morning Mummy was still no where to be seen. Daddy was asleep in the chair and when he woke up I heard him saying to Carole that Mummy was sick and had had to go to the flat to sleep. So it was just me and Daddy all morning, I was a good girl for him, because he doesn’t want two of us poorly at once. He washed and dressed me in pretty clothes and we had kisses and cuddles but when I sit up I get very coughy, so Daddy had to use the suction machine and then let me have a rest.
Grandma and Uncle John came this afternoon and Grandma was talking about cakes and coffee mornings. She’s brought some pretty bracelets to show us that Phyllis had made. She brought a copy of the Chester Chronicle with a repeated story from Wednesday’s Crewe Chronicle, but Daddy noticed that they hadn’t made the amendments we had asked for which meant that information was incorrect about my illness. They didn’t put a link in for the fundraising either so Daddy was very disappointed.
Then my friend Becca came with her Mummy and Daddy, I was a bit sad because I know Mummy would have liked to have seen them, but when Daddy texted her to see if she was better she wasn’t and she’d been sleeping all day. That’s not like Mummy at all, I know she would rather be with me and I think she would have been all lonely in the flat, even if she was sleeping. Daddy wouldn’t even go and see her in case she was infectious!
They chattered about lots of things and I heard Becca chattering too. I didn’t say much because I missed Mummy. Amy held Becca over my cot so I could say hello and see her posh purple cast. She had her afternoon snack too, she’s very clever letting her Daddy feed her from a bottle.
Daddy didn’t sleep too well, the ward seems to be very noisy which means its busy again, he was up watching me a 5am, my new awake time and then fed me my breakfast, I wonder if Mummy will be back today, I miss her.



No comments:

Post a Comment