How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Friday 14 January 2011

Friday 14th January - Friday Schmiday.

I think I’m giving Mummy black bags under her eyes, I was very unsettled, or was it her, I don’t know but last night between the both of us neither of us got much sleep. Vicky and Julie were wavering around me with oxygen masks, they were determined to get me in one but all I wanted was a big…you know what, it rhymes with moo!
Seriously though, I really need to get this tummy business sorted out, it’s no good sticking lots of things in my tummy up and my bum. 
Mummy kept a good eye on me this morning as she thought I was looking a bit grey.
My new friend, sorry I mean, my agent, Annie, came to see me with some interview offers for Mummy and Daddy, Signal Radio wanted to do a pre record interview but as Mummy hates the sound of her own voice on tape even more than her face on a picture so she said no. Then a magazine wanted a story but Daddy wasn’t convinced it was our cup of tea.
Still hanging in there for Hello I guess. ;-)

I had some physio with Anne again today, she has been talking about ideas of how I could go swimming in the ward, its tricky and may sound funny but Mummy would like me to have a bit of a float instead of in my bath, I need a paddling pool! I am getting fitter than Daddy; he’s booked his place for the triathlon now so there’s no turning back.

After lunch two nice people came, Charlotte’s Mummy and Daddy, they brought some things for me and the raffle.  Charlotte stayed with her Nanna so Chris and Kate could try having some time away. I think Mummies in general find it hard to leave their babies. Mummy hasn’t really had any choice since I was small; she has had to trust the nurses and Daddy to do the absolute best they can. It doesn’t mean that while she is away she doesn’t think of me, I mean, how can she not when I am so poorly and she may have to rush back to be with me when I have to go for my Angel training?
Mummy and Daddy were chattering away to them so much they forgot to take a picture, Kate said that Chris had had a shave too thinking he was going to have to make a god impression for me…here’s them shortly afterwards instead!!


Grandad who has hurt his back, Nanny Tina and Bella came later today. Bella seems very quiet like a mouse these days and never says anything really other than Uh? and Wa? Which aren’t really real words, Mummy said she’s a teenager and when you become a teenager you lose your vocabulary for brief instances of time.  I’m sure she loves me though just I probably look a bit fragile when she looks at me.

Dunked in my bath!
Cooling Off
I’d a bit of a temperature this morning, 37 degrees and counting, all the way up to 38 degrees at 5 o’clock when Mummy turned me on to my back after a bit of tummy time when they were all here, she said OH MY! “She looks like a lobster!” I was pretty hot, I’d tried to tell them I wasn’t comfy, my heart rate kept going up and up and I made a little leak on my sheets. Oops.

I had some magic strawberry juice to help it go away. I had a nigh time bath which calmed me down and got me ready for my bed. I know Mummy is feeling like going home tonight to sleep in a real bed but as I haven’t had a wobble since Sunday she worries that it’s too risky.
With my new Doggy, Murphy; from Kate and Chris. xx
Everyone keeps sticking their fingers in my mouth and rubbing their fingers along my pink gums.
Apparently I have a tooth coming, a little teeny pin of a tooth. Well I never.






1 comment:

  1. Well!! What a day? Starting off with the media beating a path to your door - and ending it with your first tooth on the way!! Clever girl!!!! (But don't bite their fingers)
    Love Grandma. xx

    ReplyDelete