How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Wednesday 19th January - Grizzly Girl

Too late for Jingle bells
If Sleepy was in my picture dictionary, I think I’d put a picture of Mummy next to S. Although she did managed to get out of bed by 8.30 today to see me and Daddy but we had done just fine without her overnight (although I did keep him up late). I like looking at Daddy and now the nurse have taken the back off my cot he can peer at me upside down.
When Mummy arrived she helped to wash me and evicted the eye boogers and nose crusties that crawled in overnight while I was sleeping. 
Mummy and Daddy were very quiet today, even with my hearing aid in and on and ready to hear I didn’t hear much for ages except big sighs. Thankfully Carole was chatty today and Maureen came to see me with a little green bag. (There’s a song in here somewhere) It was full of jingly things for me to listen to. So she sung some funny little songs and shook and clicked, clacked, rustled, rippled, jingled and jangled. How nice, it made me sleepy after a while, listening is hard work when you aren’t used to it and as I only have one ear it works doubly hard.



 Maureen works with East Cheshire Children’s Deaf society; they help  children and their families coping with hearing loss. Here is a link too see what they do. And in case you need it, or want to pass it on to someone you know….







Two lovely ladies came to see me today to give Mummy and Daddy a chance to leave my cot side and get some fresh air, Debbie and Liz from Treetops Hospice in Trentham. http://www.donnalouisetrust.org/
They came to learn all about me in order to sit with me while Mummy and Daddy left me. One problem is Mummy didn’t want to leave me. Not after yesterday. She said that she would put her picture in my dictionary under A is for Anxious when she thought about leaving me! So instead poor Debbie and Liz they had to just talk. Grown ups are so boring, all they do is talk. I hope Mummy didn’t scare them off. They were talking about a care plan for me. So Mummy is working on something on the computer tonight after she’s helped me with the blog.
One you nice bloggy people have been asking at your work about fundraising, yes you Claire! She has arranged a dress down day at work charging everyone a £, I don’t know how many people work where you are Claire but that sounds good and really simple way of raising a bit of cash. She’s also busy on something else top secret…more soon….

Mummy has been a lovely arm chair this afternoon and I had a successful cot – arms -cot transition with no misdemeanours (Another special Mummy word from the word of the day toilet paper) which included a good hour of sleep. Then when I was back in my cot Daddy gave me a massage (unsuccessful outcome again) and my belly got really hot as I’m still waiting for a new tummy drug to work that Mummy refers to as Pixy Dust (Sodium Picosulfate*) apparently according to some of the nurses it’s like dynamite, not so as I’ve noticed today as nothing has budged me.

Daddy sat and watched Batman with me while I tried to fall asleep after my bath. He and Mummy are a little on edge as I have been coughing and making bubbles, dribbling all over my new blankee from Grandma. I’m very grizzly. I hope I fall asleep soon.
Mummy has just had a mental spasm and finding out that she's deleted all of today's photos (including pictures of me and my eyelashes), coupled with me non stop coughing and sputtering, overtiredness, and general irritability which is very unbecoming but perfectly acceptable under the circumstances. (Yes, Absolutley, totally agree)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie, You know - writing a dictionary of your own terms sounds like a good idea! Ask Mummy to help you when you both have a little more energy. xxx

    ReplyDelete