How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Sunday 9 January 2011

Saturday 8th January - 18 weeks old today!


Top by Tu and bottoms by Florence and Fred
No sign of Daddy today, he had stayed at home last night to tidy up some mess and apparently make some more.
Mummy was very tired this morning, that’s kinda my fault as I didn’t really sleep much and although the alarms weren’t going off much I didn’t sleep due to having a rumbling tummy issue. It’s this thin milk you see, blooming January diets. (Not just you suffering Claire ;-))
Finally they got the hint, 6am breakfast was served at 5.30am, thank you. I was then pretty peckish at 8.30 and Mum decided to give me cuddles to take my mind off it, she said she might as well as she was a bit stuck what with Daddy all AWOL and the like.  Chris one of the Health Care ladies eventually rescued her while she was squirming around on the new ‘cuddle chair’ and took over while she got all fresh smelling and ate swishy weeta thingies. (Screwing up her face as they aren’t as nice as sausage butties)
Mummy  decided after speaking to my doctor that she was going to sneak me some fat snacks in between meals today if I got hungry just until we caught up with Slim Fast Plan Kath (My Dietician - as will now be forever known) She has a stash of  small bottles of my creamy milk left over. I get this is in a syringe and lick my lips until she knows that I’ve just had enough.
Grandma came to be Daddy’s stand in for the day, she’s very hands on, she decided to give me a lovely tummy massage after a quick training session from Mummy and then she made me fall asleep tickling me with feathers.  I had tummy time, I had back time, side time, up and down all over time but really mostly dribble time.  She gave me cuddles in the ‘cuddle chair and because of the new Do Not Disturb Sign, we were not disturbed.
It was very special having all three generations spending time together. Grandma was very happy, I could tell. I was very happy, she could tell. Mummy enjoyed watching us together.


Mummy has been surfing today and been on a funny website called MOO today, they print cards and stationary, she is getting some little business cards for me to help spread my story and get more people involved with my fundraising.
With some of my favourite things...
Today one of Mummy’s friends, friends, a welshy lady called Sian has said she will do a big ten kilometres run for my fund, she’s never done it before but she is going to Just Do It!
Dyna mor garedig ohonoch chi - Pob Lwc Sian a pheidiwch ag anghofio dweud wrthym ble rydych yn mynd i redeg rhag ofn bod rhywun arall am gymryd rhan.
Ooh and some one, I’ll not tell you yet who but someone wants to do a sponsored slim! More news to come. (Mummy says – ha ha no, not her, stress, lack of sleep, fundraising require a good calorie intake.)



Watching Humphry go round and round

Daddy was very late today trying to find nappies, as Sainsbury’s has shrunk apparently, he whizzed in ate tea, (thanks J&T) and then scooped me (very delicately of course) into his arms for cuddles and kisses and a sneaky milky snack. I missed him today. Xx
Katie Campervan is looking after me tonight, we only see her at night times, she might be a vampire. Hee, hee, she’s too nice to be a vampire. She likes my Animal sleep-suit, I do too, it my favourite at the moment.  I’ll promise to be good tonight as best as I can as I know Mummy really needs her sleep and doesn’t fancy running round the car park in her PJ’s in the middle of the night. Although I have had a bit of green gooky stuff in my eyes and a bit of a temperature….fingers crossed.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, I'm glad you let Mummy have a decent night's sleep, because she really needed it! Didn't we have a lovely time today? I'm glad Mummy had computer things to look at, because it gave us LOADS of time to do things together, while I could chat, and spend some special time with her too. Hugs and kisses 'til tomorrow.()xxx()

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you a big hug and loads and loads of kisses from Auntie Sammie :0) x

    ReplyDelete