How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Wednesday 9th November

Today everyone was in a better mood, including me.  I slept until 8.30 and then I decided I was hungry but had to wait ages til my new mid morning snack time of 10! Mummy spent ages cleaning my room while I was napping, I'm not even bothered about the hoover - although I 've got to admit, I haven't heard it that often.
Daddy went to Manchester today to take back Mummy's breast pump, 'good riddance' she said. We sang a song called Going on a Freight Train, but Mummy changed the lyrics to Manchester and Grandmas house, and Colwyn Bay...she says we can go to all these places...we listen to lovely i tunes by a folky lady called Elizabeth Mitchell.


Daddy was ages and when he rang he said he'd been to the Trafford Centre and met a lady called Michelle who he works with, she treated him to lunch, she's coming to see me at the weekend apparently, thats nice.

My physiotherapist came today, her name is Anne, she's lovely, I haven't seen her for about four weeks but I liked doing my excercises with her. She has very cold hands but is gentle. I liked it when she put me on my tummy and I moved my head up and round, she said its very good and that I was trying really hard. I am a little bit slow in my development because of my illness but really want to learn to hold my head so that I can look at Mummy and Daddy as I love them lots and lots. I just need more practice to get stronger. Anne says she will try and get a nice chair for me to help support my neck so I can sit up to look at things.



I had lunch with Mummy, she had soup, I had, guess what? Milk! But I had my WHOLE bottle!! Mummy is very impressed with me. I was pretty tired though so I had a nice long nap while Mummy baked a chocolate cake to celebrate. Daddy is so pleased, mainly because there isn't a banana in sight.

All Gone!


Dr Burns called back today and said that he'd spoken to lots of people and arranged my EEG, I'm going to Alder Hey again tomorrow to have it done. 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you have had today, Ellie. I am so pleased that you are getting stronger with Anne's help - keep up the good work. You look great in your red top - and your empty (yaaay!) bottle matches it too. Great co-ordination there!!!! Ask Mummy to save me some chocolate cake if Daddy(or Grandad)doesn't eat it all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie, your Mummy's cake looks delicious just wait till we can get out little hands on that and make fancy handprint patterns on our mummy's walls hahaha!

    Me and mummy are just waiting for the rain to stop so we can go out in the fresh air for a walk.....its not looking good though!

    Love lots Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete