How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Thursday 11 November 2010

Thursday 11th November


When we got there a lady called Alison stuck sticky goo on my head and attached lots of multi coloured wires on my head and then a funny net to hold them on. I then had to lie on my back while she watched on a computer and videoed me.

I know I like hats but this is ridiculous.

I had a couple of small fits during the 30 minutes while I was there but they were very mild so we weren't sure if they had been picked up or not and the lady wouldnt say anything as they're not supposed to.

Me outside Ikea - this is Daddy's new car.

Because it was lunchtime and we were very close Daddy decided he wanted to take me for my first trip to Ikea, Mummy and Daddy went a lot before I was born because Mummy loves the meatballs.

Ikea loves families, it makes them very welcome, there is a breast feeding corner and a table for warming food and bottles. It even has special bibs just for me!This was the first time Daddy and Mummy have fed me with my tube in public but they decided it's important to be brave and just get on with it - its only like me having a straw, its just in my nose not my mouth.

That meant they could enjoy the afternoon shopping - if only I didn't ruin it, I had four big fits in my pram on the way round and wouldn't stop screaming and crying - I finally slept in the car on the way home but by now I was so overtired I wouldn't even settle before teatime

When we were back at home Dr Burns rang, Alder Hey have confirmed I was having fits and they want to start me on medication as soon as possible to see if it will control them. He will explain everything to Mummy and Daddy on monday in our appointment at the hospital. Mummy and Daddy are very very sad as this could be a sign that I may not stay with them for as long as they had hoped. :-(

I finally went to sleep after my tea, but still haven't decided whether I'm planning on keeping Mummy and Daddy up all night. They hope not as they are both pretty exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, little chicken, you look so lonely lying there looking like you're 'wired for sound'. I DO like your little Ikea bib when you went for lunch though. Lets hope the drugs help you feel better.xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete