How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Friday 12 November 2010

Friday 12th November

Weigh Day!

Grandma came to give me cuddles today and was here when I was weighed and saw Kath my new Dietican and Chris the homecare nurse. Gosh it soon comes round this weighing business, not all babies get weighed as much as me - its just cause I'm poorly. Still I put on 3oz this week I'm now 8lb 4oz/3.74g This is good and now I'll get even more milk at mealtimes. Chris brought the horrid beepy machine that I used to have attached to my foot at the hospital, Dr Burns has asked that I wear it on my foot over the weekend while I'm asleep so it can record my heartrate and oxygen levels.
               Grandma is being taught how to tube feed me so that Mummy and Daddy could have a day off as they need to go Christmas shopping for my pressies! She was supposed to do it at my 2pm feed but greedy me drank all 80mls from my bottle! Oh well, she will have to try again next week



Mummy decided to bake some biscuits this afternoon while I had a lovely nap, when I woke up I was in Nanny Tina's arms - that was a nice surprise! I had lovely cuddles with her and Grandad before having a little swing in my chair.
I have still got nasty wind so Mummy tried giving me some gripe water for the first time even though Dr Burns says its rubbish because years ago it used to have brandy in it and it doesn't now so it doesn't do anything - but it does taste nice and sweet so a guzzled some up anyway.



Daddy picked up my new drug to help my fits, the posh word for them is  infantile spasms* its called Vigabatrin**, its suposed to have a side effect of making me drowsy - when I sleep as much as I do, I cant see this being a problem. I will start on it tonight, I havent had any big fits today but better still take it.

 * http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/infantilespasms/infantilespasms.htm

 **  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigabatrin#Adverse_effects

Mummy and Daddy had to replace the sticky on my face that holds my tube on, they made a pretty good job of it too. But I decided to be a bit troublesome, I did not enjoy my bath tonight, I screamed all the way through it, then Mummy had to calm me down so that the monitor could be set up and attached to my foot for my sleep study.
I pretended to be asleep when Mummy left the room to have her tea but when she wasn't looking I decided to pull the sticky out and my tube. I miss the nurses at Leighton, I just fancied saying hello again.

(Editor's Comment: "Grrrrrrr")

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Ellie. I missed you today. I could of drooled all over you at baby sensory - I left loads of puddles of drool all over the baby sensory mat at the childrens centre.

    Sounds like you are getting the hang of this bottle malarky. My mum keeps stuffing her face too with bakery goods. I tried to stuff my hand in my mums cake today but she said I can only have milk. Boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's certainly a feisty (and beautiful) little girl Lou! xx

    ReplyDelete