How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Thursday 3 March 2011

Tuesday 1st March - Purple Tuesday


Pretty Purple Procession

There was a very mixed mood surrounding me today. It started as soon as I was dressed in my lilac sleep vest and there was a lot of coming and going.
The ward was buzzing outside my room, flooded with staff wearing varying hues of purple from plum and aubergine to violet and purple. Even Dr Burns came to see me with a spotty purple tie. People were spending their money on raffle tickets and bands and trying to win lots of cream eggs. 
Guess how many eggs and win them all!
Make your guess at Ward 17!
It has been such an amazing journey so far and look at how much money has been raised in my honour the Train on my door said £10,000 that's lots of money! It's amazing. Mummy and Daddy are so honoured that everyone has been so supportive and got involved
Easter Raffle Goodies at Ward 17
It has been such an amazing journey so far and look at how much money has been raised in my honour the Train on my door said £10,000 that's lots of money! It's amazing. Mummy and Daddy are so honoured that everyone has been so supportive and got involved
.I think everyone thinks I am going to die soon. Lots of the staff came in to say good bye, Mummy said to them 'don't say Goodbye, say Manyana!' Because they aren't ready either. Daddy said today was my big party, a special celebration, Ellie Day! they said they wanted me to feel all the love around me and have this special memory of being with me. 
I was very restful today, Sleepy but the drugs make me unsettled at times. Mummy calls is space juice. There is just a waiting game now.

No comments:

Post a Comment