How to get the best out of this blog...

All blogs post are more recent first, if you want to read about Ellie's Journey I'd suggest starting from the first post back in September 2011 (October Posts) and read on Chronologically from there. It will make more sense and you'll get to meet the little girl who gave my life purpose.
Thank You for reading - every new reader shows that she has met another person and in her short life made such an impact. x

Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Post about post

We received post today for Miss Eleanor Prince. It was a statement from her Child Trust Fund. Something we have neglected to cancel as yet. The letter accompanying this statement is written directly to the beneficiary, Miss Prince, it sent a shiver down my spine.
I read briefly some of the conditions of the letter and the trust fund on the rear, mentioning the accessibility of the fund on her 18th birthday. That was a pretty big punch in the stomache. When I'd picked myself back up off the floor Dan telephoned the bank.

Sadly their response was a simple 'just bring the death certificate in to the branch and we will close the account and transfer the money', no 'I'm sorry for your loss Mr Prince'. Cheers Nat West.

2 comments:

  1. Not the first time I've heard this. I can't understand how any human, realising the circumstances, wouldn't at least apologise for the loss. It's not as if Dan phoned and said you got the postcode wrong..IDIOTS. I'd send an e.mail complaining about that poor customer service. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very horrible way to treat people and this person clearly didn't have a caring bone in their body :-( Big hugs x x

    ReplyDelete